THE GOOD NEWS ABOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF KEEPING YOUR TEETH FOR A LIFETIME.
1. EVERYONE GRINDS OR CLENCHES THEIR TEETH, JUST TO DIFFERENT DEGREES. Why? Stress and original sin. We are stressed because we are all sinners. Decrease sin, decrease stress. How? Start developing a relationship with God. Yes, God exists, that is just the truth, and a truth of science does not contradict a truth of faith, just as a truth of faith does not contradict a truth of science. Truth is one hundred percent black or white. If it is grey, then you do not have the whole truth of either science or faith.
2. DO NOT BRUSH YOUR TEETH WITH LONG HORIZONTAL STROKES: IT WILL CAUSE GUM RECESSION. If you add toothpaste, be aware that all toothpastes have abrasive particles in them, which just rub away tooth structure. Combining toothpaste with brushing in long horizontal strokes will cause wear on your teeth. The extent of wear will depend on how vigorous a brusher you are. Wear can be so bad that you will need expensive dental treatment. To help prevent this, use an electric toothbrush properly with only water. Of course, also learn to floss properly. (Floss for souls) A pleasant taste may be attained using a non-alcohol mouthwash. (WE DO NOT RECOMMEND CREST PRO HEALTH MOUTHWASH DUE TO EVIDENCE OF STAINING) Tooth sensitivity is the result of toothpaste abrasion. IF you stop the use of toothpaste 100%, your sensitivity will disappear over time because the dentinal tubules that mediate the sensitivity heal the way our whole body heals as it recovers from an injury.
3. DO NOT SODA-SWISH. All sodas have acid in their ingredients. Swishing the acid will erode your tooth structure, again, causing the possible need for expensive dental treatment.
4. AVOID DENTAL WHITENING. I learned from a PHD student from Harvard University that all dental bleaches cause DNA damage, as does hair coloring. This concern has been expressed quietly by others in the scientific community because it is known that the oxygenating agents release free radicals and free radicals damage protein. Dental bleaching also causes tooth sensitivity, which should go away over time.
5. DO NOT MULL FRUIT. Mulling fruit means chewing food side to side and keeping the food on the surface of the teeth for an extended period of time. Prolonged contact with fruit, which is all acidic, will destroy your back teeth. Vegetarians are especially prone to this behavior. Let your stomach do most of the work. Also, avoid sucking on citrus; this will damage your front teeth.
6. BULIMIA. If you are bulimic seek professional help to assist you in coping with this disease. It can be done with God’s help. This disease ravages tooth structure and is life threatening.
7. HOWEVER, THE GOOD NEWS IS, IF YOU STOP ANY OR ALL OF THESE THINGS, THE RELATED DAMAGE STOPS AND IT SHOULD NOT GET WORSE.
8. SMILE FOR GOD.