To our valued patients,
Everyone at our office wants to extend wishes of health and wellness to all of our patients. Over the past month and a half, we have been welcoming back patients for hygiene appointments and restorative work. The return back has been smooth and we are excited to be back!
We continue to stay on top of the latest infection control recommendations and requirements set forth by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We are also closely following Governor Baker’s Phased Reopening Plan and state and local recommendations. Protocols and recommendations are ever-changing with new information learned on a continual basis.
COVID-19 is a novel disease and we are learning about how it spreads and the severity of it, so we will adjust procedures as necessary. Since our opening, we have adapted our new procedures based on what is appropriate:
- Hygienists and Dr. Welz switch rooms between patients so that you are not seen in the same room as someone before you.
- We are requiring patients to wear a mask to enter our office. If you do not have one, one will be provided for you.
- Our waiting room is large enough that multiple people can socially distance. However, we are only allowing two people in the waiting room at one time. (If someone is accompanying you to your appointment, please let us know so we can plan accordingly). Our waiting times have always been short and we are working diligently to make them even shorter so that you spend less time in the waiting area.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines or books since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We are asking patients to please arrive as close to their appointment time as possible to allow for greater social distancing and less interaction. Please call or text us if you are going to be late or early.
- We have a hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use before you enter the waiting room. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- Our front desk staff is performing temperature checks using a no-touch infrared thermometer and asking the screening questions on all patients.
- Days prior to our COVID-19 closure, we were performing temperature checks on all staff members and we have continued to do so. Our staff is also extremely diligent about hand-washing/hand-disinfecting. None of our staff have presented with any symptoms and have tested negative for COVID-19.
- All of our staff members are required to wear masks.
- Our staff has access to N-95 respirators, level 3 surgical masks, face shields and isolation gowns.
- We are requiring patients to swish with a peroxide pre-procedural rinse at the beginning of their appointment for 1 timed minute.
- We have been and will continue to wipe multi-touch surfaces (door knobs, counter tops, credit card machine) with disinfecting Lysol wipes.
- The bathroom now has a no-touch soap and towel dispenser.
- Our credit card machine is sanitized with Lysol disinfecting wipes between patients. We are still asking that you pay at your time of visit. However, you may also leave a card on file if you prefer.We have a plexi-glass barrier between you and the front desk while you are checking out.
Everything we have and are implementing is subject to change as we learn more information. We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep our patients, our staff, and every visitor, safe in our practice. If you have any questions or want to make an appointment, please text/call our office at 617-262-3737 or reply to this email.
We want to extend our gratitude for being patient and understanding with us during this time. Hope to see you soon!
Wishing you well,
Dr. Valdemar Welz and staff