Our community has been through a lot over the past few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal routines. While many things have changed, our commitment to your safety has not.
We have made the prudent decision to delay our opening to May 19th, taking into consideration guidance from the CDC, ADA, Massachusetts DPH, Governor Baker’s administration and the Massachusetts Dental Society, which recommends that dental offices in the Commonwealth remain closed to patients seeking elective and non-urgent care through May 18th.
Any appointment between now and May 18th will, therefore, be cancelled and have to be rescheduled. We appreciate your patience with us during this time and understand the inconveniences this has caused. To reschedule your appointment, please respond to this email or call/text us at 617-262-3737. You may also use the red chat icon in the bottom right corner. There may be a delay in our reply as we are not in the office every day, but we will do our best to return correspondence ASAP.
We are taking this time to enhance and adapt our infection control protocol to stay ahead of the ever-changing times. On top of our already-rigorous infection control, we are also implementing the following:
- Prior to entering the waiting room, you will be asked to sanitize your hands with an ethyl-alcohol based hand sanitizer.
- Prior to any appointment at our office, you will now be required to swish for 1 minute with a pre-procedural peroxide rinse (Colgate Peroxyl). The virus may be vulnerable to oxidation so the ADA has suggested that it be implemented.
- We may screen patients using a touchless infrared forehead thermometer. Any patient with a temperature of 100 degrees or above will be asked to leave and need to be rescheduled. These patients will also be advised to call their physician’s office or the nearest COVID testing center.
- For the past 2 years, we have used Germ-Guardian UV/HEPA air-purifiers in every room in our office. This destroys and reduces airborne bacteria, viruses, germs and mold spores. We change the filters in the purifiers frequently and have recently added more machines to our waiting room and common areas.
- We are keeping up to date with the latest releases from the ADA and how we can become a testing site for COVID-19.
As a reminder, we are still available for emergency appointments and we are still providing tele-dentistry services .
We look forward to seeing you soon,
Dr. Valdemar Welz and staff